FOURTH FRIDAY INVITES COMMUNITY TO EXPLORE
What is New with TAMPA’S ARTS & CULTURE SCENE
FREE Wristband is the Ticket to Special Programs and Exclusive Offers at
Dozens of Museums, Galleries, Theaters and Restaurants on April 27
TAMPA, Fla. – On the Fourth Friday of each month, Tampa’s arts and culture scene is celebrated with participating venues offering free or reduced admissions, special programming, and local restaurants offering specials to patrons with the iconic Fourth Friday wristband. Now in its second year, Fourth Friday, presented by TECO Energy, and brought to you by the Tampa Downtown Partnership, announces its lineup for this month’s event on Friday, April 27:
This month’s Featured Offers are:
- Florida Museum of Photographic Arts: Located at 400 N. Ashley Dr. in Downtown Tampa, FMoPA celebrates Fourth Friday from 5 - 7pm with Pay-As-You-Will admission, and their exhibiting artist, Patty Carroll, will be giving an artist talk at 6pm.
John F. Germany Library: TBA
The Portico: Located at 1001 N Florida Ave. in Downtown Tampa, The Portico celebrates Fourth Friday from 6 - 9pm with Open Mic Night (free and open to the public) and a stage production of Duck Hunter Shoots Angel in The Community Hall. Tickets to the stage play are $30 and proceeds benefit Metropolitan Ministries, Stageworks Theatre and The Portico. Tickets: ThePortico.org/Duckhunter
Rialto Theatre: Located at 1617 N. Franklin St. in Downtown Tampa, Rialto Theatre celebrates Fourth Friday from 6 - 9pm with an exhibit by Tom Parker. Entrance is free and there will be refreshments.
TECO Public Art Gallery: Located at 702 N. Franklin St. in Downtown Tampa, celebrates Fourth Friday from 5:30 - 7:30pm with free admission and an artist talk by Leslie Jeffery who will be presenting her exhibit titled For the Birds.
Other Participating Venues for April 27 are:
- AIA Tampa Bay: Located at 1315 E 7th Ave., Suite 105, in Ybor City, AIA celebrates Fourth Friday from 5:30-7:30pm with Celebrate Outreach, a local non-profit making a social impact, and USF School of Architecture & Community Design. Learn about the Tiny Homes for homeless Veterans project. All proceeds will go towards the construction of the first tiny home.
- Dysfunctional Grace Art Co.: Located at 1903 E 7th Ave. in Ybor City, Dysfunctional Grace celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 - 8pm with 15% off all artwork purchases.
- Italian Club: Located at 1731 E. 7th Avenue in Ybor’s Historic District, the Club is open from 5 - 9pm for Happy Hour in our Cantina with live entertainment all night long! A full bar featuring $3 Wells and Domestic Beer, $4 Sangria, $5 Imports and Calls, $6 Two for One MASI Wine until 7pm, and more. Tour our historic building from 5 - 9pm and enjoy 20% off Club Membership!
- Le Meridien Tampa Hotel: Located at 601 N. Florida Ave. in Downtown Tampa, Le Méridien celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 - 9pm with extended happy hour specials until 8pm, an $8 Fourth Friday signature cocktail and a free guided tour at 5:30pm and live music until 9pm. Guests who attend the tour will receive a 20% discount off of their dinner in Bizou Brasserie that night.
- Straz Center: Located at 1010 N Macinnes Place in Downtown Tampa, the Straz Center celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 - 9:30pm with free Live and Local performances with artist Angie Rey (6:30 - 9:30pm), Sip & Stroll bar locations, and ticket specials.
- Tampa Museum of Art: Located at 120 W Gasparilla Plaza in Downtown Tampa, the Museum celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 - 10pm with pay-as-you-will admission and free scheduled gallery activities (check in at the front desk for start times). Enjoy Sono Café’s tapas menu, dinner feature and complimentary hors d’oeuvres, and then take your beverage with you to explore the Riverwalk!
- Unlock Tampa Bay Visitors Center: Located at 201 N Franklin St., Suite 102 in Tampa City Center, the visitors center celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-5:30 p.m. Visit Tampa Bay’s stylish Unlock Tampa Bay Visitors Center showcases a trove of great products built, crafted or written by Tampa Bay’s talented krewe of artists and artisans. This month come by for a 15% discount.
- Ybor City Visitors Center: Located at 1600 E. 8th Ave. in Ybor City, Ybor City Visitor Center celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 - 6pm with a free entry, 10% off in their gift shop, and viewing of the Ybor City National Historic Landmark District Video.
Participating Transportation Partners include:
- Coast Bike Share: Located throughout Tampa, Coast Bike Share is offering a free hour to all new users. Claim your hour of Coast by visiting bit.ly/coastpromo18 to create an account and entering code FOURTHFRIDAY042018.
- TECO Line Streetcar System: Present your Fourth Friday wristband to your Streetcar motorperson and enjoy complimentary rides during Fourth Friday.
Fourth Friday participants can pick up a wristband at any of the participating cultural venues during event hours. Then, just park once and let Downtown’s many alternative transportation options do the rest. Take a complimentary ride on the TECO Line Streetcar, stroll along The Tampa Riverwalk, cruise the Hillsborough on the Pirate Water Taxi, hail the FREE Downtowner ride service with an app on your smartphone, or saunter along 7th Avenue in Ybor, Tampa’s only Historic District. Participants also get a FREE hour of Coast Bike rental with promo code FOURTHFRIDAY042018 at bit.ly/coastpromo18 (visit the Facebook page or FourthFridayTPA.com for details).
MEDIA CONTACT: Kelsy Van Camp at firstname.lastname@example.org or 813. 221.3686.
Tampa Downtown Partnership is a private, membership based not-for-profit 501(c)(6) comprised of companies, organizations and individuals with a common goal of advancing Tampa’s Downtown. Through an annual contract with the City of Tampa, Tampa Downtown Partnership administers the Special Services District. In addition to Tampa’s Downtown Guides and Clean Team, Tampa Downtown Partnership serves Downtown through marketing, business development, transportation, advocacy, public space activation, planning and beautification.