FOURTH FRIDAY INVITES COMMUNITY TO EXPLORE
What is New with TAMPA’S ARTS & CULTURE SCENE
FREE Wristband is the Ticket to Special Programs and Exclusive Offers at
Dozens of Museums, Galleries, Theaters and Restaurants on September 22
TAMPA, Fla. (September 20, 2017) – When the sun goes down, the streets of Tampa light up with music, laughter, art, friends and FREE fun the Fourth Friday of every month. Now in its second year, Fourth Friday, presented by TECO Energy, and brought to you by the Tampa Downtown Partnership, announces its lineup for this month’s event on Friday, September 22:
This month’s Featured Offers are:
- Florida Museum of Photographic Arts: Located at 400 N. Ashley Dr. in Downtown Tampa, FMoPA celebrates Fourth Friday from 5:00-7:00pm with Pay-As-You-Will admission and refreshments. Join them this month for the opening of their new exhibit, Under the Cuban Sun.
- Jobsite Theater: Located at 1010 N Macinnes Pl. in Downtown Tampa, Jobsite celebrates Fourth Friday with $15 tickets to that nights showing of The Flick. Tickets available 30 minutes before the 7:30pm show time and limited two per person.
- John F. Germany Library: Located at 900 N. Ashley Dr. in Downtown Tampa, the Library celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-6:00pm with free entry to enjoy the exhibits. Check out the Hive’s 3D Printing, robotics lab and recording studio. Also, join them for a special HIVE Escape Room challenge.
- The Portico: Located at 1001 N Florida Ave. in Downtown Tampa, The Portico celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-9:00pm with a free muffin with the purchase of a specialty coffee. Enjoy your beverage and snack while taking in their Open Mic Night from 6:00-9:00pm. Get there early - Open Mic spots fill up quickly!
- Tampa Theatre: Located at 711 N. Franklin St. in Downtown Tampa, the Theatre’s lobby is open from 6:00-9:00 p.m., with $5 premium cocktails from 6:00-7:00pm and a free guided Theatre tour at 6:30pm. Stick around after for one, or both, of their films; The Trip to Spain at 7:30pm and Vampire’s Kiss at 10:30pm.
- Ybor City Visitor Center: Located at 1600 E. 8th Ave. in Ybor City, Ybor City Visitor Center celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-5:00pm with a free entry, 10% off in their gift shop, and viewing of the Ybor City National Historic Landmark District Video. Be sure to stop by this month to see a live painting by Jorge Cainas.
Other Participating Venues for September 22 are:
- AIA Tampa Bay Gallery: Located at 1315 E 7th Ave., Suite 105, in Ybor City, AIA celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:30-7:30 p.m. with free admission to their Instagram & Architecture exhibit.
- Dysfunctional Grace Art Co.: Located at 1903 E 7th Ave. in Ybor City, Dysfunctional Grace celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-8:00pm with 15% off all artwork purchases.
- Henry B. Plant Museum: Located at 401 W. Kennedy Blvd. on the University of Tampa campus, the Museum celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-5:00 p.m. with free admission and audio tours.
- Italian Club: Happy Hour from 5-9pm with live music, $2 Bud & Bud Light Bottles, $3 Domestic Beer, $4 Specialty Drink, $5 Call Brands, $6 Two for One MASI Wine until 7pm, and a complimentary shot of Tuaca! $10 Homemade Italian Dinner Buffet also available. Tour their historic building from 5-9pm, and receive your Fourth Friday Wristbands
- Le Meridien Tampa Hotel: Located at 601 N. Florida Ave. in Downtown Tampa, Le Méridien celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-9:00pm with extended happy hour specials until 8:00pm, an $8 Hurricane signature cocktail and a free guided tour at 5:30pm.
- Scarfone/Hartley Gallery: Located at 310 North Blvd. on the University of Tampa campus, the Gallery celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-6:00pm with free admission and tickets available for sale for their Art on the Boulevard event taking place the following evening, September 23.
- Tampa Museum of Art: Located at 120 W Gasparilla Plaza in Downtown Tampa, the Museum celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-10:00pm with pay-as-you-will admission and free scheduled gallery activities (check in at the front desk for start times). Waterfront dining, full dinner menu and beverages available at Sono Café.
- TECO Public Art Gallery: Located at 702 N. Franklin St., TECO Public Art Gallery presents an exhibition titled Alternative Spaces - Illusions and the Essence of Places by husband and wife team Ron Weiss and Christine Ghezzo, photographers who are represented by United Photographic Artists Gallery. The gallery celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00 - 5:00pm.
- Wandering Eye Art Gallery: Located at 1600 E. 8th Ave. in Ybor City, Wandering Eye celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-11:00pm with a free art print with purchase and a free interactive art experience.
Participating Transportation Partners include:
- Coast Bike Share: Located throughout Tampa, Coast Bike Share is offering a free hour to all new users. Claim your hour of Coast using code FOURTHFRIDAY092017.
- TECO Line Streetcar System: Present your Fourth Friday wristband to your Streetcar motorperson and enjoy complimentary rides during Fourth Friday.
Fourth Friday participants can pick up a wristband at any of the participating cultural venues during event hours. Then, just park once and let Downtown’s many alternative transportation options do the rest. Take a complimentary ride on the TECO Line Streetcar, stroll along The Tampa Riverwalk, cruise the Hillsborough on the Pirate Water Taxi, hail the FREE Downtowner ride service with an app on your smartphone, or saunter along 7th Avenue in Ybor, Tampa’s only Historic District. Participants also get a FREE hour of Coast Bike rental with promo code FOURTHFRIDAY092017 (visit the Facebook page or FourthFridayTPA.com for details).
MEDIA CONTACT: Kelsy Van Camp at email@example.com or 813. 221.3686.
Tampa Downtown Partnership is a private, membership based not-for-profit 501(c)6 comprised of companies, organizations and individuals with a common goal of advancing Tampa’s Downtown. Through an annual contract with the City of Tampa, Tampa Downtown Partnership administers the Special Services District. In addition to Tampa’s Downtown Guides and Clean Team, Tampa Downtown Partnership serves Downtown through marketing, business development, transportation, advocacy, public space activation, planning and beautification.