FOURTH FRIDAY INVITES COMMUNITY TO EXPLORE
What is New with TAMPA’S ARTS & CULTURE SCENE
FREE Wristband is the Ticket to Special Programs and Exclusive Offers at
Dozens of Museums, Galleries, Theaters and Restaurants on June 22
TAMPA, Fla. – On the Fourth Friday of each month, Tampa’s arts and culture scene is celebrated with participating venues offering free or reduced admissions, special programming, and local restaurants offering specials to patrons with the iconic Fourth Friday wristband. Now in its second year, Fourth Friday, presented by TECO Energy, and brought to you by the Tampa Downtown Partnership, announces its lineup for this month’s event on Friday, June 22:
This month’s Featured Offers are:
- Florida Museum of Photographic Art (FMoPA): Located at 400 N. Ashley Dr. in Downtown Tampa, FMoPA celebrates Fourth Friday from 5 – 7pm with Pay-As-You-Will admission, refreshments, and the opening of their International Photography Competition.
- Italian Club: Located at 1731 E. 7th Avenue in Ybor’s Historic District, the Club is open from 5 – 9pm for Happy Hour in their Cantina with LIVE Music, $3 Well Liquor, $3 Domestic Beer, $4 Sangria, $5 Call Brands, and $6 Two for One MASI Wine until 7pm! $13 Homemade Italian Dinner Buffet also available! They will also have a special guest appearance by Otis & The Old School Band.
John F. Germany Library: Located at 900 N. Ashley Dr. in Downtown Tampa, the Library celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 – 6pm. This month they invite you to visit the new home of the Florida History and Genealogy Collection on their 4th floor. So drop in anytime during the event to try your hand at a quirky game of mini-golf, a Tampa themed scavenger hunt, and to view images from the Burgert Bothers Photographic Collection.
Straz Center: Located at 1010 N Macinnes Place in Downtown Tampa, the Straz Center celebrates Fourth Friday from 6:30 – 9pm with free Live and Local performances on the Riverwalk with the Michael Ross jazz ensemble featuring the amazing vocal stylings of their very own, Fred Johnson. They will also be offering 40 percent discount to their upcoming show called BRING IT! LIVE.
Other Participating Venues for June 22 are:
- AIA Tampa Bay Gallery: Located at 1315 E 7th Ave., Suite 105, in Ybor City, AIA celebrates Fourth Friday from 5:30 – 7:30pm with an opening reception for “Shifting Spaces” exhibit, a curated selection of the best of 2018 USF School of Architecture & Community Design. The exhibit will feature works by students developed in this semester focusing in architecture and theoretical projects. Pieces include art, drawings and architectural 3D models. Snacks and Drinks free of charge. Donations are welcome to the TBFAD foundation.
- Dysfunctional Grace Art Co.: Located at 1903 E 7th Ave. in Ybor City, Dysfunctional Grace celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 – 8pm with 10% off all artwork purchases.
- Henry B. Plant Museum: Located at 401 W. Kennedy Blvd. on the University of Tampa campus, the Museum celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 – 5pm with free admission and audio tours. This month, enjoy a showcase of a new panel exhibit created by students at The University of Tampa. The panel exhibit, Red Cross Nursing and the War of 1898, traces the path that led dozens of young women from New York to Tampa and Cuba in 1898.
- Jobsite Theater: Located at 1010 N Macinnes Pl. in Downtown Tampa, Jobsite celebrates Fourth Friday. They are offering $10 off tickets to see “Dancing at Lughnasa”.
- Le Meridien Tampa Hotel: Located at 601 N. Florida Ave. in Downtown Tampa, Le Méridien celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 – 9pm with extended happy hour specials until 8pm, an $8 Fourth Friday award-winning signature cocktail called Black Jack, a free guided tour at 5:30pm and live music in Bizou from 6 – 9pm with Stephano Aviles. Guests who attend the tour will receive a 20% discount off of their dinner in Bizou Brasserie that night.
- The Portico: Located at 1001 N Florida Ave. in Downtown Tampa, The Portico celebrates Fourth Friday from 6 – 9pm with Open Mic Night, art exhibit, and a free muffin with the purchase of a specialty coffee. All events and exhibits are free and open to the public.
- Rialto Theatre: Located at 1617 N. Franklin St. in Downtown Tampa, Rialto Theatre celebrates Fourth Friday from 6 – 9pm with a free exhibit by Lynn Rattray.
- Tampa Museum of Art: Located at 120 W Gasparilla Plaza in Downtown Tampa, the Museum celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 – 8pm with pay-as-you-will admission and free scheduled gallery activities (check in at the front desk for start times). Enjoy Sono Café’s tapas menu, dinner feature and complimentary hors d’oeuvres, and then take your beverage with you to explore the Riverwalk!
- Tampa Theatre: Located at 711 N. Franklin St. in Downtown Tampa, the Theatre’s lobby is open from 6 – 9pm, with $5 premium cocktails from 6 – 7pm and a free guided Theatre tour at 6:30pm.
- TECO Public Art Gallery: Located at 702 N. Franklin St. in Downtown Tampa, TECO Public Art Gallery celebrates Fourth Friday from 5:30 – 8pm with free admission. Award-winning artist Glen DePasse will be in attendance from 5:30 – 7pm.
- Unlock Tampa Bay Visitors Center: Kick off your Fourth Friday at the Unlock Tampa Bay Visitor Center located at 201 N Franklin St., Suite 102 in the Tampa City Center. Visit Tampa Bay’s stylish retail outlet showcases a trove of great products built, crafted or written by Tampa Bay’s talented krewe of artists and artisans. This month come by between 4:00pm and 8:00pm for a 15% discount, free samples of the new Tampa Bay Treasured Lager from Florida Avenue Brewing Company while enjoying original music from Tampa’s own Johnny Maio whose music video, Hometown, was just named the best music video of the Intendence Film Festival in Denver!
- Ybor City Visitors Center: Located at 1600 E. 8th Ave. in Ybor City, Ybor City Visitor Center celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 - 6pm with a free entry, 10% off in their gift shop, and viewing of the Ybor City National Historic Landmark District Video.
Participating Transportation Partners include:
- Coast Bike Share: Located throughout Tampa, Coast Bike Share is offering a free hour to all new users. Claim your hour of Coast by visiting bit.ly/coastpromo18 to create an account and entering code FOURTHFRIDAY062018.
- TECO Line Streetcar System: Present your Fourth Friday wristband to your Streetcar motorperson and enjoy complimentary rides during Fourth Friday.
Fourth Friday participants can pick up a wristband at any of the participating cultural venues during event hours. Then, just park once and let Downtown’s many alternative transportation options do the rest. Take a complimentary ride on the TECO Line Streetcar, stroll along The Tampa Riverwalk, cruise the Hillsborough on the Pirate Water Taxi, hail the FREE Downtowner ride service with an app on your smartphone, or saunter along 7th Avenue in Ybor, Tampa’s only Historic District. Participants also get a FREE hour of Coast Bike rental with promo code FOURTHFRIDAY062018 at bit.ly/coastpromo18 (visit the Facebook page or FourthFridayTPA.com for details).
MEDIA CONTACT: Kelsy Van Camp at firstname.lastname@example.org or 813. 221.3686.
Tampa Downtown Partnership is a private, membership based not-for-profit 501(c)(6) comprised of companies, organizations and individuals with a common goal of advancing Tampa’s Downtown. Through an annual contract with the City of Tampa, Tampa Downtown Partnership administers the Special Services District. In addition to Tampa’s Downtown Guides and Clean Team, Tampa Downtown Partnership serves Downtown through marketing, business development, transportation, advocacy, public space activation, planning and beautification.