FOURTH FRIDAY INVITES COMMUNITY TO EXPLORE
What is New with TAMPA’S ARTS & CULTURE SCENE
FREE Wristband is the Ticket to Special Programs and Exclusive Offers at
Dozens of Museums, Galleries, Theaters and Restaurants on January 26
TAMPA, Fla. – When the sun goes down, the streets of Tampa light up with music, laughter, art, friends and FREE fun the Fourth Friday of every month. Now in its second year, Fourth Friday, presented by TECO Energy, and brought to you by the Tampa Downtown Partnership, announces its lineup for this month’s event on Friday, January 26:
This month’s Featured Offers are:
- Jobsite Theater: Located at 1010 N Macinnes Pl. in Downtown Tampa, Jobsite celebrates Fourth Friday with $10 off tickets to the 8:00pm performance of William Shakespeare’s The Tempest with your Fourth Friday Wristband. Be there by 7:00pm to purchase your ticket.
- John F. Germany Library: Located at 900 N. Ashley Dr. in Downtown Tampa, the Library celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-6:00 p.m. with free entry to enjoy the exhibits. Check out the Hive’s 3D Printing, robotics lab and recording studio. This month they will be featuring a Gasparilla themed Escape Room. You have 15 minutes, can you solve the puzzles & escape from Gaspar’s Ghost? In addition to the Escape Room challenge there will also be games and crafts for the whole family to enjoy.
- Stageworks Theatre: Located at 1120 E. Kennedy Blvd., West Building Suite 151 in downtown Tampa, Stageworks celebrates Fourth Friday with a $10.00 discount to their 8:00 pm showing of their first play of 2018, Keely & Du. Use code FOURTH for online purchases.
Straz Center: Located at 1010 N Macinnes Place in Downtown Tampa, the Straz Center celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-9:00 p.m. with free Live and Local performances (6:00-9:00p.m.)by Sarah Morey, Sip & Stroll bar locations, and ticket specials including discounts to Adam Trent and Take Me to the River.
Other Participating Venues for January 26 are:
- Dysfunctional Grace Art Co.: Located at 1903 E 7th Ave. in Ybor City, Dysfunctional Grace celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-8:00pm with 15% off all artwork purchases.
- Florida Museum of Photographic Art: Located at 400 N. Ashley Dr. in Downtown Tampa, FMoPA celebrates Fourth Friday from 5:00-7:00 p.m. with Pay-As-You-Will admission and refreshments. At 6pm there will be a speaker and performance in conjunction with the new show The Family Acid. Celebrate the opening of new exhibitions Chris Buck: Magnificent Hurt and Jean Pagliuso: Poultry, Raptors, Places of Ritual.
- Italian Club: Located at 1731 E. 7th Avenue in Ybor’s Historic District, the Club is open from 5:00pm-9:00pm for Happy Hour in our Cantina with 5-piece live band, Lorelei on the Rocks! A full bar featuring $3 Domestic Beer, $4 Sangria, $5 Call Brands, $6 Two for One MASI Wine until 7pm, and a complimentary shot! $10 Homemade Italian Dinner Buffet also available! Tour our historic building from 5:00pm-9:00pm!
- Le Meridien Tampa Hotel: Located at 601 N. Florida Ave. in Downtown Tampa, Le Méridien celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-9:00pm with extended happy hour specials until 8:00pm, an $8 Fourth Friday signature cocktail and a free guided tour at 5:30pm. Guests who attend the tour will receive a 10% discount off of their dinner in Bizou Brasserie that night.
- Tampa Theatre: Located at 711 N. Franklin St. in Downtown Tampa, the Theatre’s lobby will be open for guests from 6:00pm-9:00pm with happy hour drink specials from 6:00pm to 7:00pm. A free guided tour begins promptly at 6:30pm.
- The Portico: Located at 1001 N Florida Ave. in Downtown Tampa, The Portico celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-9:00pm with Open Mic Night (6:00-9:00pm) and a free muffin with the purchase of a specialty coffee.
- Unlock Tampa Bay Visitors Center: Located at 201 N Franklin St., Suite 102 in Tampa City Center, the visitors center celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-6:00pm. Visit Tampa Bay’s stylish Unlock Tampa Bay Visitors Center showcases a trove of great products built, crafted or written by Tampa Bay’s talented krewe of artists and artisans. This month come by for a 15% discount.
- Ybor City Visitors Center: Located at 1600 E. 8th Ave. in Ybor City, Ybor City Visitor Center celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-6:00pm with a free entry, 10% off in their gift shop, and viewing of the Ybor City National Historic Landmark District Video.
Participating Transportation Partners include:
- Coast Bike Share: Located throughout Tampa, Coast Bike Share is offering a free hour to all new users. Claim your hour of Coast using code FOURTHFRIDAY0118.
- TECO Line Streetcar System: Present your Fourth Friday wristband to your Streetcar motorperson and enjoy complimentary rides during Fourth Friday.
Fourth Friday participants can pick up a wristband at any of the participating cultural venues during event hours. Then, just park once and let Downtown’s many alternative transportation options do the rest. Take a complimentary ride on the TECO Line Streetcar, stroll along The Tampa Riverwalk, cruise the Hillsborough on the Pirate Water Taxi, hail the FREE Downtowner ride service with an app on your smartphone, or saunter along 7th Avenue in Ybor, Tampa’s only Historic District. Participants also get a FREE hour of Coast Bike rental with promo code FOURTHFRIDAY0118 (visit the Facebook page or FourthFridayTPA.com for details).
MEDIA CONTACT: Kelsy Van Camp at firstname.lastname@example.org or 813. 221.3686.
Tampa Downtown Partnership is a private, membership based not-for-profit 501(c)6 comprised of companies, organizations and individuals with a common goal of advancing Tampa’s Downtown. Through an annual contract with the City of Tampa, Tampa Downtown Partnership administers the Special Services District. In addition to Tampa’s Downtown Guides and Clean Team, Tampa Downtown Partnership serves Downtown through marketing, business development, transportation, advocacy, public space activation, planning and beautification.