FOURTH FRIDAY INVITES COMMUNITY TO EXPLORE
What is New with TAMPA’S ARTS & CULTURE SCENE
FREE Wristband is the Ticket to Special Programs and Exclusive Offers at
Dozens of Museums, Galleries, Theaters and Restaurants on July 27
TAMPA, Fla. – On the Fourth Friday of each month, Tampa’s arts and culture scene is celebrated with participating venues offering free or reduced admissions, special programming, and local restaurants offering specials to patrons with the iconic Fourth Friday wristband. Now in its second year, Fourth Friday, presented by TECO Energy, and brought to you by the Tampa Downtown Partnership, announces its lineup for this month’s event on Friday, July 27:
This month’s Featured Offers are:
- Florida Museum of Photographic Arts: Located at 400 N. Ashley Dr. in Downtown Tampa, FMoPA celebrates Fourth Friday from 5 – 7pm with Pay-As-You-Will admission, refreshments, and the opening of their annual Members Show exhibition. The awards ceremony to announce the winners of the show will be at 6pm.
- John F. Germany Library: Going to the library is an awesome way to celebrate Fourth Friday in Downtown Tampa. Join us for a special library event. This month, participants can get crafty with lava lamps and help “SEARCH” for some of Marvel Comics favorite superheroes. Drop in anytime during the event from 4 – 6pm to try your hand at any of the many fun activities and crafts.
- Le Méridien Tampa Hotel: Located at 601 N. Florida Ave. in Downtown Tampa, Le Méridien celebrates Fourth Friday from 5:30 -- 9pm. They will offer a 30-minute tour of their historic discovery moments at 5:30pm, and all guests who take the tour will receive 20 percent off of their dinner (food only) in their restaurant, Bizou, afterwards. Bizou will offer extended happy hour until 8pm, live music by Tom Baptist from 6-9pm and a specialty Fourth Friday cocktail, a Rosé Sangria, for $8 until 8pm.
- Straz Center: Located at 1010 N Macinnes Place in Downtown Tampa, the Straz Center celebrates Fourth Friday from 6:30 – 9:30pm with free live and local performances on the Riverwalk with the Michael Ross jazz ensemble featuring the amazing vocal stylings of their very own, Fred Johnson. They will also be offering a $5 discount for mezzanine and balcony seats at their upcoming show, “Gilbert & Sullivan featuring Trial by Jury”, with the promo code G&SFAM.
- TECO Public Art Gallery: Located at 702 N. Franklin St. in Downtown Tampa, TECO Public Art Gallery celebrates Fourth Friday from 5:30 – 7:30pm with free admission. They will be hosting their current artist Mike King for a Talk and Tour Event in conjunction with Fourth Friday.
Other Participating Venues for July 27 are:
- AIA Tampa Bay Gallery: Located at 1315 E 7th Ave., Suite 105, in Ybor City, AIA celebrates Fourth Friday from 5:30 - 7:30pm. The Tampa Bay Foundation for Architecture and Design will present "Terrains", a show about architecture's relationship with nature, artificial landscapes, and borders.
- Henry B. Plant Museum: Located at 401 W. Kennedy Blvd. on the University of Tampa campus, the Museum celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 – 5pm with free admission and audio tours. This month, enjoy a showcase of a new panel exhibit created by students at The University of Tampa. The panel exhibit, Red Cross Nursing and the War of 1898, traces the path that led dozens of young women from New York to Tampa and Cuba in 1898.
- Italian Club: Located at 1731 E. 7th Avenue in Ybor’s Historic District, the Club is open from 5:00pm-10:00pm for Happy Hour in our Cantina with LIVE Music featuring Gil Machin, $2 Wells, $3 Domestic Beer, $4 Homemade Sangria, $5 Call Brands, and $6 Two for One MASI Wine until 7pm! $13 Homemade Italian Dinner Buffet also available!
- Rialto Theatre: Located at 1617 N. Franklin St. in Downtown Tampa, Rialto Theatre celebrates Fourth Friday from 6 – 10pm. They will feature BEUKES’ entire collection at their opening reception and embellished canvas reproductions of the sold out originals will be available for purchase. VIP reception is from 6-7pm and open reception is from 7-10pm. Attire is formal cocktail and there will be a live DJ and refreshments.
- Tampa Museum of Art: Located at 120 W. Gasparilla Plaza in Downtown Tampa, the Museum celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 – 8pm with pay-as-you-will admission and free scheduled gallery activities (check in at the front desk for start times). Enjoy Riverwalk Café at TMA by SaltBlock Hospitality, a pop-up patio bar, $7 specialty Riverwalk Café cocktail to “stroll and go” along the Riverwalk, 10% discount at the Museum Store, and extended hours. The café closes at 7pm and the Museum closes at 8pm
- Tampa Theatre: Located at 711 N. Franklin St. in Downtown Tampa, the Theatre’s lobby is open from 4:30 – 9pm, with their "Pause Happy Hour" running 4:30 to 6:30pm with drink specials. Mini-tours will run every 10 minutes until 6:30pm. There will be a film screening at 7:30pm for $11 per ticket.
- Ybor City Visitor Center: Located at 1600 E. 8th Ave. in Ybor City, Ybor City Visitor Center celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 – 6pm with a free entry, 10% off in their gift shop, and viewing of the Ybor City National Historic Landmark District Video.
Participating Transportation Partners include:
- Coast Bike Share: Located throughout Tampa, Coast Bike Share is offering a free hour to all new users. Claim your hour of Coast by visiting bit.ly/coastpromo18 to create an account and entering code FOURTHFRIDAY072018.
- TECO Line Streetcar System: Present your Fourth Friday wristband to your Streetcar motorperson and enjoy complimentary rides during Fourth Friday.
Fourth Friday participants can pick up a wristband at any of the participating cultural venues during event hours. Then, just park once and let Downtown’s many alternative transportation options do the rest. Take a complimentary ride on the TECO Line Streetcar, stroll along The Tampa Riverwalk, cruise the Hillsborough on the Pirate Water Taxi, hail the FREE Downtowner ride service with an app on your smartphone, or saunter along 7th Avenue in Ybor, Tampa’s only Historic District. Participants also get a FREE hour of Coast Bike rental with promo code FOURTHFRIDAY072018 at bit.ly/coastpromo18 (visit the Facebook page or FourthFridayTPA.com for details).
MEDIA CONTACT: Kelsy Van Camp at firstname.lastname@example.org or 813.221.3686.
Tampa Downtown Partnership is a private, membership based not-for-profit 501(c)(6) comprised of companies, organizations and individuals with a common goal of advancing Tampa’s Downtown. Through an annual contract with the City of Tampa, Tampa Downtown Partnership administers the Special Services District. In addition to Tampa’s Downtown Guides and Clean Team, Tampa Downtown Partnership serves Downtown through marketing, business development, transportation, advocacy, public space activation, planning and beautification.