FOURTH FRIDAY INVITES COMMUNITY TO EXPLORE
What is New with TAMPA’S ARTS & CULTURE SCENE
FREE Wristband is the Ticket to Special Programs and Exclusive Offers at
Dozens of Museums, Galleries, Theaters and Restaurants on February 23
TAMPA, Fla. – When the sun goes down, the streets of Tampa light up with music, laughter, art, friends and FREE fun the Fourth Friday of every month. Now in its second year, Fourth Friday, presented by TECO Energy, and brought to you by the Tampa Downtown Partnership, announces its lineup for this month’s event on Friday, February 23:
This month’s Featured Offers are:
- John F. Germany Library: Located at 900 N. Ashley Dr. in Downtown Tampa, the Library celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-6:00 p.m. with free entry to enjoy the exhibits. Check out the Hive’s 3D Printing, robotics lab and recording studio. This month they are calling all lords and ladies to join them for a special library Renaissance Faire event. Drop in anytime during the event to try your hand at the many fun medieval games and crafts. Flower crowns, sward and armor crafting, face painting catapults, and more!
- Florida Museum of Photographic Arts: Located at 400 N. Ashley Dr. in Downtown Tampa, FMoPA celebrates Fourth Friday from 5:00-7:00 p.m. with Pay-As-You-Will admission, a lecture by Dr. Michael Butler on the Civil Rights Movement in Florida, and refreshments.
Rialto Theatre: Located at 1617 N. Franklin St. in Downtown Tampa, Rialto Theatre celebrates Fourth Friday from 6:00-9:00 p.m. with an exhibit by James Luedde, A Thin Line gallery reception and free dance cypher.
Straz Center: Located at 1010 N Macinnes Place in Downtown Tampa, the Straz Center celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-9:00 p.m. with free Live and Local performances (6:00-9:00p.m.) by Dean Johanesen, Sip & Stroll bar locations, and ticket specials including $15 tickets to Bertie Gregory.
TECO Public Art Gallery: Located at 702 N. Franklin St. in Downtown Tampa, celebrates Fourth Friday, February 23 from 5:30-8:00 p.m. with free admission. A Talk & Tour of the current exhibition titled, “Creating A Legacy: An Intergenerational Art Exhibition,” will include a performance by the Legacy Preparatory Academy Choir at approximately 6:00 p.m. Artists from The Life Enrichment Center for the Arts and Legacy Academy Prep, Board Members, Teachers and Sponsors will be on hand to greet visitors and answer questions.
Other Participating Venues for January 26 are:
- AIA Tampa Bay: Located at 1315 E 7th Ave., Suite 105, in Ybor City, AIA celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:30-7:30pm as they present their 2017 Design Awards, The Exhibit.Located at 1315 E 7th Ave., Suite 105, in Ybor City, AIA celebrates Fourth Friday from 5:30-7:30 p.m. with free admission to their Art by Architects opening reception and refreshments.
- Dysfunctional Grace Art Co.: Located at 1903 E 7th Ave. in Ybor City, Dysfunctional Grace celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-8:00pm with 15% off all artwork purchases.
- Henry B. Plant Museum: Located at 401 W. Kennedy Blvd. on the University of Tampa campus, the Museum celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-5:00 p.m. with free admission and audio tours.
- Italian Club: Located at 1731 E. 7th Avenue in Ybor’s Historic District, the Club is open from 5:00pm-9:00pm for Happy Hour in our Cantina with an incredible duo, True Passion featuring Bob and Jorae Stewart! A full bar featuring $3 Wells and Domestic Beer, $4 Sangria, $5 Imports and Calls, $6 Two for One MASI Wine until 7pm! $13 Homemade Italian Dinner Buffet also available! Tour our historic building from 5:00pm-9:00pm and enjoy 20% off Club Membership!
- Le Meridien Tampa Hotel: Located at 601 N. Florida Ave. in Downtown Tampa, Le Méridien celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-9:00pm with extended happy hour specials until 8:00pm, an $8 Fourth Friday signature cocktail and a free guided tour at 5:30pm. Guests who attend the tour will receive a 10% discount off of their dinner in Bizou Brasserie that night.
- Scarfone/Hartley Gallery: Located at 310 North Blvd. on the University of Tampa campus, the Gallery celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-6:00 p.m. with free admission.
- The Portico: Located at 1001 N Florida Ave. in Downtown Tampa, The Portico celebrates Fourth Friday from 6:00-9:00pm with Open Mic Night and a free muffin with the purchase of a specialty coffee.
- Unlock Tampa Bay Visitors Center: Located at 201 N Franklin St., Suite 102 in Tampa City Center, the visitors center celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-6:00pm. Visit Tampa Bay’s stylish Unlock Tampa Bay Visitors Center showcases a trove of great products built, crafted or written by Tampa Bay’s talented krewe of artists and artisans. This month come by for a 15% discount.
- Ybor City Visitors Center: Located at 1600 E. 8th Ave. in Ybor City, Ybor City Visitor Center celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-6:00pm with a free entry, 10% off in their gift shop, and viewing of the Ybor City National Historic Landmark District Video.
Participating Transportation Partners include:
- Coast Bike Share: Located throughout Tampa, Coast Bike Share is offering a free hour to all new users. Claim your hour of Coast using code FOURTHFRIDAY0218.
- TECO Line Streetcar System: Present your Fourth Friday wristband to your Streetcar motorperson and enjoy complimentary rides during Fourth Friday.
Fourth Friday participants can pick up a wristband at any of the participating cultural venues during event hours. Then, just park once and let Downtown’s many alternative transportation options do the rest. Take a complimentary ride on the TECO Line Streetcar, stroll along The Tampa Riverwalk, cruise the Hillsborough on the Pirate Water Taxi, hail the FREE Downtowner ride service with an app on your smartphone, or saunter along 7th Avenue in Ybor, Tampa’s only Historic District. Participants also get a FREE hour of Coast Bike rental with promo code FOURTHFRIDAY0218 (visit the Facebook page or FourthFridayTPA.com for details).
MEDIA CONTACT: Kelsy Van Camp at email@example.com or 813. 221.3686.
Tampa Downtown Partnership is a private, membership based not-for-profit 501(c)6 comprised of companies, organizations and individuals with a common goal of advancing Tampa’s Downtown. Through an annual contract with the City of Tampa, Tampa Downtown Partnership administers the Special Services District. In addition to Tampa’s Downtown Guides and Clean Team, Tampa Downtown Partnership serves Downtown through marketing, business development, transportation, advocacy, public space activation, planning and beautification.