FOURTH FRIDAY INVITES COMMUNITY TO EXPLORE AND CELEBRATE TAMPA’S ARTS & CULTURE SCENE
FREE Wristband is the Ticket to Special Programs and Exclusive Offers at Dozens of Downtown Museums, Galleries, Theaters and Restaurants on August 24
TAMPA, Fla. (August 24, 2018) – On the Fourth Friday of each month, Tampa’s arts and culture scene is celebrated with participating venues offering free or reduced admissions, special programming, and local restaurants offering specials to patrons with the iconic Fourth Friday wristband. Now in its second year, Fourth Friday, presented by TECO Energy, and brought to you by the Tampa Downtown Partnership, announces its lineup for this month’s event on Friday, August 24:
This month’s Featured Offers are:
- AIA Tampa Bay Gallery: Located at 1315 E 7th Ave., Suite 105, in Ybor City, AIA celebrates Fourth Friday from 5:30 - 7:30pm. They will be hosting an event called “Hearts and Crayons” that features an art exhibit by the kids of the Heart Gallery of Tampa. All proceeds from the event will go to the Heart Gallery and help them find forever homes for local children in foster care.
- Jobsite Theater: Located at 1010 N. Macinnes Place in Downtown Tampa, Jobsite Theater celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 – 8pm with their “Season Kick-Off” Fourth Friday special. Get $10 off Friday performances of any 2018-2019 Jobsite Theater shows. This offer is only available on Fourth Friday!
- John F. Germany Library: Located at 900 N. Ashley Dr. in Downtown Tampa, John F. Germany Library celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 – 6pm. This month, join them as they get prepared for "Back-to-School" with back-to-school themed bingo and a corner bookmark. Drop in anytime during the event to try your hand at any of the many fun activities and crafts.
- Le Méridien Tampa Hotel: Located at 601 N. Florida Ave. in Downtown Tampa, Le Méridien celebrates Fourth Friday from 5:30 -- 10pm. They will offer their 30-minute Tour of the Century at 5:30pm, and all guests who take the tour will receive 20 percent off of their dinner (food only) in their restaurant, Bizou, afterward. Bizou will offer extended happy hour until 8pm and live music from 7-10pm.
- The Portico: Located at 1001 N Florida Ave. in Downtown Tampa, The Portico celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 – 9pm with Open Mic Night and a free muffin with the purchase of a specialty coffee. The Art Talk + Open Mic will feature photographer James Luedde and the latest installation at The Café, "The Thin Line". All events and exhibits are free and open to the public.
- Scarfone/ Hartley Gallery : Located at 310 N. Boulevard, the Scarfone/ Hartley Gallery celebrates Fourth Friday from 7 – 9pm with the opening reception of the Art & Design All Faculty Showcase. Admission and reception are free to the public.
Other Participating Venues for August 24 are:
- Dysfunctional Grace Art Co.: Located at 1903 E 7th Ave. in Ybor City, Dysfunctional Grace celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 – 8pm with 10% off all artwork purchases.
- Florida Museum of Photographic Arts: Located at 400 N. Ashley Dr. in Downtown Tampa, FMoPA celebrates Fourth Friday from 6 – 7pm with an artist talk by Bruce Dale.
- Henry B. Plant Museum: Located at 401 W. Kennedy Blvd. on the University of Tampa campus, the Museum celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 – 5pm with free admission and audio tours.
- Italian Club: Located at 1731 E. 7th Avenue in Ybor’s Historic District, the Club is open from 5:00pm-10:00pm for CRUSH Happy Hour in our Cantina with LIVE music, $2 Wells, $3 Domestic Beer, $4 Homemade Sangria, $5 Call Brands, and $6 Two for One MASI Wine until 7pm! $13 Homemade Italian Dinner Buffet also available!
- Tampa Museum of Art: Located at 120 W. Gasparilla Plaza in Downtown Tampa, the Museum celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 – 8pm with pay-as-you-will admission and free scheduled gallery activities (check in at the front desk for start times). Enjoy Riverwalk Café at TMA by SaltBlock Hospitality, a pop-up patio bar, $7 specialty Riverwalk Café cocktail to “stroll and go” along the Riverwalk, 10% discount at the Museum Store, and extended hours. The café closes at 7pm and the Museum closes at 8pm.
- Tampa Theatre: Located at 711 N. Franklin St. in Downtown Tampa, the Theatre’s lobby is open from 4:30 – 9pm, with their "Pause Happy Hour" running 4:30 to 6:30pm with drink specials. Mini-tours will run every 10 minutes until 6:30pm. There will be a film screening at 7:30pm for $11 per ticket.
- Unlock Tampa Bay Visitors Center: Kick off your Fourth Friday at the Unlock Tampa Bay Visitor Center located at 201 N Franklin St., Suite 102 in the Tampa City Center. Visit Tampa Bay’s stylish retail outlet showcases a trove of great products built, crafted or written by Tampa Bay’s talented krewe of artists and artisans. This month come by between 4pm and 8pm to meet with Tim Boatright, a Tampa-based sculptor, painter, designer and printmaker. Also enjoy a 15% discount on everything in the store and try free samples of the new Tampa Bay Treasured Lager from Florida Avenue Brewing Company.
- Ybor City Visitor Center: Located at 1600 E. 8th Ave. in Ybor City, Ybor City Visitor Center celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 – 5pm with a free entry, 10% off in their gift shop, and viewing of the Ybor City National Historic Landmark District Video.
Participating transportation partners include:
- Coast Bike Share: Located throughout Tampa, Coast Bike Share is offering a free hour to all new users. Claim your hour of Coast using code FOURTHFRIDAY082018.
- TECO Line Streetcar System: Present your Fourth Friday wristband to your Streetcar motorperson and enjoy complimentary rides during Fourth Friday.
Fourth Friday participants can pick up a wristband at any of the participating cultural venues during event hours. Then, just park once and let Downtown’s many alternative transportation options do the rest. Take a complimentary ride on the TECO Line Streetcar, stroll along The Tampa Riverwalk, cruise the Hillsborough on the Pirate Water Taxi, hail the FREE Downtowner ride service with an app on your smartphone, or saunter along 7th Avenue in Ybor, Tampa’s only Historic District. Participants also get a FREE hour of Coast Bike rental with promo code FOURTHFRIDAY082018 (visit the Facebook page or FourthFridayTPA.com for details).
MEDIA CONTACT: Kelsy Van Camp at email@example.com or 813.221.3686.
Tampa Downtown Partnership is a private, membership based not-for-profit 501(c)(6) comprised of companies, organizations and individuals with a common goal of advancing Tampa’s Downtown. Through an annual contract with the City of Tampa, Tampa Downtown Partnership administers the Special Services District. In addition to Tampa’s Downtown Guides and Clean Team, Tampa Downtown Partnership serves Downtown through marketing, business development, transportation, advocacy, public space activation, planning and beautification.