FOURTH FRIDAY INVITES COMMUNITY TO EXPLORE
What is New with TAMPA’S ARTS & CULTURE SCENE
FREE Wristband is the Ticket to Special Programs and Exclusive Offers at
Dozens of Museums, Galleries, Theaters and Restaurants on November 24
TAMPA, Fla. – When the sun goes down, the streets of Tampa light up with music, laughter, art, friends and FREE fun the Fourth Friday of every month. Now in its second year, Fourth Friday, presented by TECO Energy, and brought to you by the Tampa Downtown Partnership, announces its lineup for this month’s event on Friday, November 24:
This month’s Featured Offers are:
- Florida Museum of Photographic Arts: Located at 400 N. Ashley Dr. in Downtown Tampa, FMoPA celebrates Fourth Friday from 5:00-7:00pm with Pay-As-You-Will admission and refreshments. Join them this month for an artist lecture by Pierre Dutertre and an exhibition closing reception for the United Photographic Artists Gallery show.
- Henry B. Plant Museum: Located at 401 W. Kennedy Blvd. on the University of Tampa campus, the Museum celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-5:00pm with free admission and audio tours.
- Rialto Theatre: Located at 1617 N. Franklin St. in Downtown Tampa, Rialto Theatre celebrates Fourth Friday from 6:00-9:00 p.m. with an art reception for artist Elizabeth McTague. Mention 'Happy Birthday Rialto' at nearby Hidden Springs for 20% off your tab!
- Tampa Theatre at Curtis Hixon: Catch Tampa Theatre in Curtis Hixon Park as part of Winter Village Tampa at 7:30pm for a free showing of Miracle on 34th Street. Come early and visit with the big man himself from 6:00-7:30pm.
- Unlock Tampa Bay Visitors Center: Located at 201 N Franklin St., Suite 102 in Tampa City Center, Visit Tampa Bay’s stylish Unlock Tampa Bay Visitors Center showcases a trove of great products built, crafted or written by Tampa Bay’s talented krewe of artists and artisans. This month come by between 4:00pm and 8:00pm for a 15% discount during Fourth Friday and meet local artists Susan DosCher and Artista Lulu AKA Luisa Padro, both painting live during the event.
- Winter Village at Curtis Hixon Park: Located inside Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park, Winter Village and Fourth Friday have teamed up with Tampa General's Operation Santa to help ensure Santa reaches their littlest patients in the TGH Children's Medical Center. Drop off a new, unwrapped gift between 4:00-8:00pm and receive a raffle ticket to win a one-night stay at Le Meridien, two tickets to a show at the newly renovated Tampa Theatre, and four tickets to ice skate at Winter Village this season.
- Ybor City Visitor Center: Located at 1600 E. 8th Ave. in Ybor City, Ybor City Visitor Center celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-6:00pm with a free entry, 10% off in their gift shop, and viewing of the Ybor City National Historic Landmark District Video.
Other Participating Venues for November 24 are:
- Dysfunctional Grace Art Co.: Located at 1903 E 7th Ave. in Ybor City, Dysfunctional Grace celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-8:00pm with 15% off all artwork purchases.
- Le Meridien Tampa Hotel: Located at 601 N. Florida Ave. in Downtown Tampa, Le Méridien celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-9:00pm with extended happy hour specials until 8:00pm, an $8 Fourth Friday signature cocktail and a free guided tour at 5:30pm. Guests who attend the tour will receive a 10% discount off of their dinner in Bizou Brasserie that night.
- Tampa Museum of Art: Located at 120 W Gasparilla Plaza in Downtown Tampa, the Museum celebrates Fourth Friday from 4:00-10:00pm with pay-as-you-will admission and free scheduled gallery activities (check in at the front desk for start times). Waterfront dining, full dinner menu and beverages available at Sono Café.
Participating Transportation Partners include:
- Coast Bike Share: Located throughout Tampa, Coast Bike Share is offering a free hour to all new users. Claim your hour of Coast using code FOURTHFRIDAY1117.
- TECO Line Streetcar System: Present your Fourth Friday wristband to your Streetcar motorperson and enjoy complimentary rides during Fourth Friday.
Fourth Friday participants can pick up a wristband at any of the participating cultural venues during event hours. Then, just park once and let Downtown’s many alternative transportation options do the rest. Take a complimentary ride on the TECO Line Streetcar, stroll along The Tampa Riverwalk, cruise the Hillsborough on the Pirate Water Taxi, hail the FREE Downtowner ride service with an app on your smartphone, or saunter along 7th Avenue in Ybor, Tampa’s only Historic District. Participants also get a FREE hour of Coast Bike rental with promo code FOURTHFRIDAY1117 (visit the Facebook page or FourthFridayTPA.com for details).
MEDIA CONTACT: Kelsy Van Camp at firstname.lastname@example.org or 813. 221.3686.
Tampa Downtown Partnership is a private, membership based not-for-profit 501(c)6 comprised of companies, organizations and individuals with a common goal of advancing Tampa’s Downtown. Through an annual contract with the City of Tampa, Tampa Downtown Partnership administers the Special Services District. In addition to Tampa’s Downtown Guides and Clean Team, Tampa Downtown Partnership serves Downtown through marketing, business development, transportation, advocacy, public space activation, planning and beautification.