FOURTH FRIDAY INVITES COMMUNITY TO EXPLORE
What is New with TAMPA’S ARTS & CULTURE SCENE
FREE Wristband is the Ticket to Special Programs and Exclusive Offers at
Dozens of Museums, Galleries, Theaters and Restaurants on May 25
TAMPA, Fla. – On the Fourth Friday of each month, Tampa’s arts and culture scene is celebrated with participating venues offering free or reduced admissions, special programming, and local restaurants offering specials to patrons with the iconic Fourth Friday wristband. Now in its second year, Fourth Friday, presented by TECO Energy, and brought to you by the Tampa Downtown Partnership, announces its lineup for this month’s event on Friday, May 25:
This month’s Featured Offers are:
- AIA Tampa Bay: Located at 1315 E 7th Ave., Suite 105, in Ybor City, AIA celebrates Fourth Friday from 5:30-7:30pm with an opening reception for “Shifting Spaces” exhibit, a curated selection of the best of 2018 USF School of Architecture & Community Design. The exhibit will feature works by students developed in this semester focusing in architecture and theoretical projects. Pieces include art, drawings and architectural 3D models. Snacks and Drinks free of charge. Donations are welcome to the TBFAD foundation.
- Henry B. Plant Museum: Located at 401 W. Kennedy Blvd. on the University of Tampa campus, the Museum celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 – 5pm with free admission and audio tours. This month, enjoy a showcase of a new panel exhibit created by students at The University of Tampa. The panel exhibit, Red Cross Nursing and the War of 1898, traces the path that led dozens of young women from New York to Tampa and Cuba in 1898.
John F. Germany Library: Located at 900 N. Ashley Dr. in Downtown Tampa, the Library celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 – 6pm. This month, the Library is getting prepared for summer reading kick off, Day of the Doctor, with some Doctor Who inspired activities. Drop in anytime during the event to try your hand at Doctor Who-themed games, scavenger hunt and pictures with the cardboard versions of your favorite Doctor.
TECO Public Art Gallery: Located at 702 N. Franklin St. in Downtown Tampa, TECO Public Art Gallery celebrates Fourth Friday from 5:30 – 8pm with free admission and an artist meet-and-greet with Glen DePasse. DePasse is the 2017 Gasparilla Arts Festival (GAF) Emerging Artist Award Winner and will be sharing thoughts and technical insights into his mixed media photography.
Other Participating Venues for May 25 are:
- Dysfunctional Grace Art Co.: Located at 1903 E 7th Ave. in Ybor City, Dysfunctional Grace celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 - 8pm with 15% off all artwork purchases.
- Florida Museum of Photographic Art: Located at 400 N. Ashley Dr. in Downtown Tampa, FMoPA celebrates Fourth Friday from 5 -7pm with Pay-As-You-Will admission, refreshments, and special guest artist Cathy Dutertre speaking about her exhibition, Quest.
- Le Meridien Tampa Hotel: Located at 601 N. Florida Ave. in Downtown Tampa, Le Méridien celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 - 9pm with extended happy hour specials until 8pm, an $8 Fourth Friday signature cocktail called Summer Splendor, a free guided tour at 5:30pm and live music in Bizou from 6 - 9pm with Stephano Aviles. Guests who attend the tour will receive a 20% discount off of their dinner in Bizou Brasserie that night.
- The Portico: Located at 1001 N Florida Ave. in Downtown Tampa, The Portico celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 - 9pm with an art exhibit and a free muffin with the purchase of a specialty coffee. All events and exhibits are free and open to the public.
- Scarfone/Hartley Gallery: Located at 310 North Blvd. on the University of Tampa campus, the Gallery celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 - 6pm with free admission. This month they host Kaleidoscope: A Multidisciplinary Exhibition by Military Community Artists.
- Straz Center: Located at 1010 N Macinnes Place in Downtown Tampa, the Straz Center celebrates Fourth Friday from 6:30-9:00 p.m. with free Live and Local performances on the Riverwalk with Michael Ross jazz ensemble featuring the amazing vocal stylings of Fred Johnson plus Sip & Stroll bar locations.
- Tampa Museum of Art: Located at 120 W Gasparilla Plaza in Downtown Tampa, the Museum celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 - 10pm with pay-as-you-will admission and free scheduled gallery activities (check in at the front desk for start times). Enjoy Sono Café’s tapas menu, dinner feature and complimentary hors d’oeuvres, and then take your beverage with you to explore the Riverwalk!
- Unlock Tampa Bay Visitors Center: Kick off your Fourth Friday at the Unlock Tampa Bay Visitor Center located at 201 N Franklin St., Suite 102 in the Tampa City Center. Visit Tampa Bay’s stylish retail outlet showcases a trove of great products built, crafted or written by Tampa Bay’s talented krewe of artists and artisans. This month come by between 4:00pm and 8:00pm for a 15% discount, free samples of the new Tampa Bay Treasured Lager from Florida Avenue Brewing Company, sample and purchase Le’Anns Cheesecakes and meet local artists painting live during the event.
- Ybor City Visitors Center: Located at 1600 E. 8th Ave. in Ybor City, Ybor City Visitor Center celebrates Fourth Friday from 4 - 6pm with a free entry, 10% off in their gift shop, and viewing of the Ybor City National Historic Landmark District Video.
Participating Transportation Partners include:
- Coast Bike Share: Located throughout Tampa, Coast Bike Share is offering a free hour to all new users. Claim your hour of Coast by visiting bit.ly/coastpromo18 to create an account and entering code FOURTHFRIDAY052018.
- TECO Line Streetcar System: Present your Fourth Friday wristband to your Streetcar motorperson and enjoy complimentary rides during Fourth Friday.
Fourth Friday participants can pick up a wristband at any of the participating cultural venues during event hours. Then, just park once and let Downtown’s many alternative transportation options do the rest. Take a complimentary ride on the TECO Line Streetcar, stroll along The Tampa Riverwalk, cruise the Hillsborough on the Pirate Water Taxi, hail the FREE Downtowner ride service with an app on your smartphone, or saunter along 7th Avenue in Ybor, Tampa’s only Historic District. Participants also get a FREE hour of Coast Bike rental with promo code FOURTHFRIDAY052018 at bit.ly/coastpromo18 (visit the Facebook page or FourthFridayTPA.com for details).
MEDIA CONTACT: Kelsy Van Camp at firstname.lastname@example.org or 813. 221.3686.
Tampa Downtown Partnership is a private, membership based not-for-profit 501(c)(6) comprised of companies, organizations and individuals with a common goal of advancing Tampa’s Downtown. Through an annual contract with the City of Tampa, Tampa Downtown Partnership administers the Special Services District. In addition to Tampa’s Downtown Guides and Clean Team, Tampa Downtown Partnership serves Downtown through marketing, business development, transportation, advocacy, public space activation, planning and beautification.